August 16th, 2016 @ 5:30 PM at the office of Snow’s Management
Please remember to stay up to date with these annual maintenance items to keep your home clean and safe:
• Get your dryer vents cleaned. Call Brandon Daugherty with AKD Enterprises at 351-6424 for an estimate.
• Check your smoke detectors! For more information about fire safety in Anchorage check out http://dps.alaska.gov/fire/
• Clean out your fridge! Check items for expiration dates and sanitize the surfaces.
• From the ground, examine roof shingles to see if any were lost or damaged during winter. If your home has an older roof covering, you may want to start a budget for replacement. Shingles that are cracked, buckled or loose or are missing granules need to be replaced. Flashing around plumbing vents, skylights and chimneys need to be checked and repaired by a qualified roofer.
• Low areas in the yard or next to the foundation should be filled with compacted soil. Spring rains can cause yard flooding, which can lead to foundation flooding and damage. Also, when water pools in these low areas in summer, it creates a breeding ground for insects. It is always smart to check your crawlspaces for water or rodents.
• Check for loose or leaky gutters. Improper drainage can lead to water in the basement or crawl space. Make sure downspouts drain away from the foundation and are clear and free of debris.
• Keep the yards mowed! It is the homeowner responsibility to mow the front and back yards. If you need assistance please let Snow’s know!
• Make sure there is no outside storage around your unit.
THANK YOU to all the homeowners who have painted recently!
If you have not painted, the original paint jobs are more than 10 years old. Painting of the units at Heatherwood is an average cost of $2000.00. If your home has never been painted please plan to paint this summer. Here are the names of several contractors that can provide you with an estimate to paint your unit.
Hernandez Paint: (907) 441-7195
DLM Painting: (907) 242-2001
FA Contractors: (907) 244-4225
• Please monitor your children and keep them out of the streets.
• NO BBQ’S ON THE DECKS!
• All unit owners shall keep their unit in a clean and well-maintained condition.
• No outdoor storage of trash is permitted, as per MOA 26.70.050.
• No automotive repair is to be conducted in the open, only in garages.
• Any campers, motor homes or other recreational vehicles parked on the unit property shall not be used as living space.
• No commercial vehicles or equipment is to be parked on the Property except for any time needed to complete a delivery or complete construction.
• Basketball hoops are not to be used on common grounds and must be stored away for the winter months.
• Units may be painted or stained, but the colors are limited to earth tones and pastels. Trim colors may be of a slightly darker contrasting color. The Association must approve colors. Both sides of a duplex structure must be painted the same color.
• No fence may be built within the front of a unit.
• Any additions or alterations to the exterior of the units, including front yard landscaping, and any fence painting or staining must be submitted to the Board in writing. All changes must be approved before construction can begin. The Board shall answer any request within thirty days.